If you were in Glenstal in the 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s then dust off your free-travel pass and take note of an exclusive event due to take place next month. Please note that whilst the focus is on the increasingly rarer species the Majusculus Senex Puer, Old Boys of any vintage are very welcome to attend.
When: Saturday May 16th 2015
Where: Lansdowne FC, Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4
Time: 12 for 12.30pm
What: Lunch and conversation among friends. Fr Philip Tierney (1946) will attend.
Payment by any of the following options:
- Cheque payable to “Lansdowne FC (ref: Glenstal)”, posted to Paul van Cauwelaert, 27 Hollyville Lawn, Palmerstown, Dublin 20
- Credit/debit card details to Paul van Cauwelaert by post (as above) or telephone Paul on 01-6265491.
Please make sure to include your name(s) and contact details with your payment.
OLD BOY NEWS
Some snippets that have come to our attention. Apologies if your particular “event” is not included. It is impossible to be aware of everything that happens, and even more impossible to remember all the details!
- Congratulations to Jeremy Whelehan (1994) – who directed NOW: The Film which won Best Documentary at the UK National Film Awards recently
- Congratulations to Colm O’Cochlainn (1987) on his recent marriage
- Congratulations to Dillon Nugent (1989) on the birth of his first son
- Congratulations to Dermot McMahon (1998) on his recent engagement
- RIP – Peggy Barton, wife of the late James (1941) and mother of Bernard (1970), Philip (1970), Arthur (1973), John (1972), Richard (1977) and Patrick (1981)
- RIP – Freda O’Gorman, mother of Cecil (1964), Noel (1966), Gerard (1970), John (1970), Stephen (1976) and Kyran (1977)
- RIP – Anne Ryan, mother of John (1975), Christopher (1976), Hugh (1976) and Mark (1981)
- RIP – Jean Duggan, mother of Richard (1980)
- RIP – Basil O’Meara, father of Peter (1988)
- RIP – Caroline Leonard, wife of Henry (1960)
- RIP – Jack Kendrick (staff 1964-5), father of Rhidian (staff 1998-2003)
- RIP – Mervyn Feehan (1951) who died on 6th March
- The School Open Day will take place on Saturday 25th April from 11am-2pm. For further details please contact Noelle O’Brien or Anne Marie Ryan on 061 621010.
- Colm Hogan represented Ireland in the recent U18 Rugby European Championships. He scored the winning try in the final match which saw Ireland finish 7th overall.
Gregory P Ashe (1985)